Sr. Technical Analyst (will consider contractor to conversion candidates)
Date posted: December 17, 2013
Reporting to the director, enterprise applications, the senior technical analyst will be a member of global enterprise applications team supporting Oracle E-Business Suite in a technical hands-on lead role. This includes the full lifecycle ownership from plan, design, development and support. Must have very strong technical expertise in all facets of Oracle 11i and RI2 and should be able to provide guidance to rest of the team in technical areas.
- Provide technical ownership and guidance to rest of the team on technical architecture for E-Business Applications
- Provide training and support of Oracle finance, operations and HR end users as needed.
- Take ownership of specific project lifecycle stages and their associated deliverables.
- Perform root cause analysis on incidents and recommend process and/or configuration improvements.
- Develop custom application extensions, interfaces and customizations.
- Test and certify Oracle application patches and upgrades for production release.
- Ability to multitask and work in a dynamic environment.
- Should be able to collaborate with offshore team members in APAC.
- Willing to learn new technologies and take ownership.
- This role will require minimal travel.
Background and Skills:
- BS required. MS in CS or equivalent preferred.
- Strong Oracle EBS hands-on development experience in all aspects. Release 11i or 12; PL/SQL, store procedures, database triggers, forms, reports, OAF, XML, etc.
- Ability to design and develop complex extensions, customizations and interfaces.
- Experience with Oracle EBS business process flows in financial and HR applications.
- Ability to create technical designs based on user requirements.
- Ability to represent the functional aspect and the business needs and articulate to other team members.
- Primary skills with minimum 8-10 years of experience in Oracle Finance Applications with Techno Functional Role working with the following modules:
Oracle General Ledger
Oracle Fixed Assets
Oracle Accounts Receivables
Oracle Accounts Payables
Oracle Project Costing and Billing
- Experience with order to cash and procure to pay business flows is a plus.
- Familiarity with Oracle HRMS is a plus.
- Should have in-depth knowledge of Oracle schema and table architecture of Oracle EBS.
- Secondary skills in Oracle Hyperion Planning and Essbase Development are a big plus.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, Oracle Calendar and currency conversion practices.
- Local (Bay Area) candidates will be given preference (no relocation assistance at this time).
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without restrictions.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume to