eSilicon at a Glance
eSilicon, a leading independent semiconductor design and manufacturing solutions (SDMS) provider, delivers a comprehensive suite of ASIC and SoC design, productization and manufacturing services, enabling a flexible, low-cost, lower-risk path to volume production of integrated circuits (ICs). We deliver custom ASICs and custom IP to system OEMs, integrated device manufacturers (IDMs), fabless semiconductor companies (FSCs) and wafer foundries who serve a wide variety of markets including consumer, computer, communications, medical and industrial.
eSilicon creates a unique, optimized semiconductor value chain for each design: design services and tools, intellectual property (IP) and materials suppliers, and test and packaging providers. By integrating this value chain with our expertise and proven eSilicon infrastructure, we produce leading-edge chips for a diverse customer base.
eSilicon collaborates with foundries, IP and service providers, EDA suppliers, and package, assembly and test operations to design and produce chips for fabless IC, integrated device manufacture (IDM) and OEM companies. We optimize value chain economics, enabling customers to focus on product differentiation and market growth. We earn revenue by shipping packaged, tested products with the customer's logo.
Innovative Business Model
Prior to 2000, if you didn't own your own semiconductor fab, you had two choices for manufacturing ASICs. You could work with a large IDM, which locked you into limited facilities and a narrow IP portfolio. Or you could try to manage the process in house, working directly with a foundry, taking on all related risks and challenges.
eSilicon pioneered a third option: the fabless ASIC model, offering design services; a broad portfolio of proven custom and third-party IP; and complete manufacturing support and delivery of packaged, tested chips. Our design and operations experts augment your internal resources, while our purchasing leverage provides a dependable path to foundry capacity. The result is first-time-right silicon, delivered reliably, quickly and cost effectively.
Custom Memory IP
eSilicon has a world-class custom memory IP team with a successful track record of first-time silicon success and demonstrated ability to provide niche memory IP and design services at leading-edge process nodes down to 14nm. Customer-specific IP and services benefit eSilicon customers with improved chip performance, decreased power consumption and reduced die size. Products include:
eSilicon manages every step of the ASIC development process, from specification through manufacturing and delivery of packaged, tested parts. We offer a variety of custom engagement solutions to provide a flexible framework for developing application-specific silicon. Common engagements include:
- GDSII Handoff: Manage fabrication, packaging, test and delivery of the final silicon.
- Netlist Handoff: Perform the physical design and manage all subsequent manufacturing operations, including fabrication, packaging, test and delivery.
- Production Handoff: From a completed IC design, our Semiconductor Manufacturing Services (SMS) engagement model will provide full production support. This includes planning, supplier management and qualification, delivery flexibility programs and total supply chain visibility.
- Custom Memory IP: We offer 28nm and older process-node-based custom memory IP solutions and related design services.
At a Glance
- Company Founded: 2000
- Employees: 450
- Headquarters: 2130 Gold Street, Suite 100, San Jose, CA 95002
- Locations: Sales, Support, Operations and R&D offices located in North America, Europe and Asia
- Jack Harding, President and CEO
- Warren Ligan, CFO
- Hao Nham, VP, Engineering
- Patrick Soheili, VP, Product Management and Corporate Development
- Mike Gianfagna, VP, Marketing
- Subramaniam Hariharan, Vice President, Global Manufacturing Operations
- Linda Rogers, VP, Human Resources
- Rob Cadman, VP Sales, North America and EMEA
- Colby Gartin, Vice President and General Counsel
Ranking and Awards
- Named 'Top 200 Private Companies' by Nollenberger Capital Partners (June 2008)
- Named 'Rising Star' in Deloitte's Technology Fast 500 Program (Jan. 2006)
- Ranked #3 in Inc. Magazine annual ranking of 500 fastest-growing private companies in America (Oct. 2005)
- Named by AlwaysOn as one of Top 100 Private Companies (July 2005)
- Named one of Red Herring 100 Private Companies of North America (May 2005)
- Received Fabless Semiconductor Association (FSA) award for Outstanding Financial Performance by a Private Fabless Company (Dec. 2004)
- Named to AlwaysOn list of Top 100 Private Companies (July 2004)
- Wpm Investors' Choice award at MicroVentures Conference (Dec. 2003)
- Named as winner of FSA 'Start Ups to Watch' award (Dec. 2002)