eSilicon Multi-Project Wafer Service FAQs
- What does the multi-project wafer (MPW) price include?
- Services included are listed in Appendix B of your MPW quote.
- Are taxes included?
- Taxes are not included. The price listed in the MPW quote is the price to be paid to eSilicon. Additional charges for taxes, such as VAT or sales tax, may apply.
- What is the lead time for MPW samples?
- Lead time for an MPWs is different for each foundry and technology. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Can packaged MPW samples be ordered?
- Yes, standard MPW die packages are available using our online form for quick cost comparisons. If you are interested in other standard or custom IC packages, please contact the eSilicon sales manager assigned to you in your account confirmation email.
- What standard packages are available using the online MPW quote tool?
- Can tested MPW samples be ordered?
- Yes, testing services are available on request. Please contact the eSilicon sales manager assigned to you in your confirmation email.
- What is the foundry shuttle schedule for my selection?
- Please access the MPW Shuttle Schedules link on the quote request form.
- Can eSilicon offer MPWs from other foundries or technologies besides the ones listed?
- Can an MPW reservation be canceled? What are the conditions and costs involved?
- MPW reservations can be canceled. The process and associated fees, if any, are as described in Section Six of your quote.
- Is an export control certification form required?
- An export certification form is required. Please contact eSilicon at email@example.com.
- What layers are available for a specific technology?
- It varies, but common mask and wafer layers are supported and free of charge. For a specific combination, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What is the latest an MPW purchase order can be submitted?
- At least two weeks before tapeout.
- Can eSilicon add a seal ring to an MPW?
- Yes, a seal ring can be added on special request. For a single die shuttle, TSMC can add the seal ring. Please contact eSilicon at email@example.com.
- Can additional MPW samples be ordered after tapeout by requesting a new quote? What is the minimum number of additional samples?
- Yes, this service is available but no later than six months after tapeout, and only if the mask set is still intact. The additional lot must include at least three wafers. Please contact the eSilicon sales manager assigned to you in your confirmation email.
- Is an MPW respin available?
- Yes, this service is available under certain conditions on request. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On the quote request form, what is “MPW tile size?”
- “MPW tile size” is the minimum charge for an MPW order at a specific foundry and technology. For example, at TSMC 65GP, the minimum is 12mm2. If a customer orders an MPW with a 6.1mm2 die area at TSMC 65GP, they will be invoiced for a 12mm2 die area.
Sign Up Log In
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.