Multi-Project Wafer Quotes
Free, Automated Online Multi-Project Wafer Quote System Delivers Instant Pricing
eSilicon's free, automated online quote system for multi-project wafer (MPW) shuttle services delivers instant, executable quotes. Unlike online estimation tools you might find on other websites, eSilicon stands behind the details of the quotes generated by this system. We deliver a real, ready-to-sign quote.
You'll get the same information that it can take up to a week to get using a manual process. The service is accessed through user-friendly web or smartphone interfaces. We have recently added standard IC packaging services to the online MPW quote system.
Fill out the MPW quoting account request form to request an account. If you already have a quoting account, go to the MPW quote dashboard. Educational institutions are eligible for an MPW quoting account, but not for a GDSII quoting account.
eSilicon's online MPW quote system allows users to evaluate the wafer cost of multiple options in real time at no cost or obligation. Because the form is automated, it also prevents costly user errors.
Why Multi-Project Wafers?
MPWs reduce prototype cost by up to 90 percent versus a full production mask by grouping multiple IC designs on one mask set. The mask costs are shared by multiple program participants and are a good choice in a variety of scenarios:
- Product prototyping
- Verification of IP, standard-cell libraries and I/Os
- Device characterization
- Low-volume requirements
- Research or early development projects looking for proof of concept
- IP supplier experimentation with new circuitry or verification of working silicon
Online Technology Choices
eSilicon's MPW services are available online in the following technologies in multiple flavors from TSMC, GLOBALFOUNDRIES, UMC, SMIC, Altis and TSI. For more options, please contact us at
MPW Packaging Services
The following packaging services are available online. Please contact us regarding custom IC packaging or standard packages not listed here.
- Wirebond Leadframe
- QFN 4mm x 4mm – 12mm x 12mm
- QFP 10mm x 10mm – 14mm x 14mm
- Wirebond BGA
- TFBGA 4mm x 4mm – 18mm x 18mm
- PBGA 17mm x 17mm – 35mm x 35mm
- Flip Chip BGA
- FCBGA 12mm x 12mm – 35mm x 35mm
Foundry Engineering Support
Once an MPW order is in process, eSilicon's foundry engineering team provides a number of services to ensure quality in production, including:
GDSII Handoff to TSMC: Generate a Quote in Less Than 10 Minutes
- Validate database integrity
- Validate CAD content
- Validate process options and attributes
- Submit tooling request after thorough data collection and checking
- Address mismatches between the database and plan of record
- Address database and mask shop issues during data conversion and mask making
- Assess DRC violations
When you are ready for volume production, eSilicon's new automated GDSII quoting portal offers the ability to fully specify the manufacturing process requirements to submit a GDSII design to TSMC. It takes less than 10 minutes to complete the process and receive an executable quote. With our GDSII quoting tool you can:
- Create a fully customizable GDSII handoff quote online by technology, flavor, metallization, process options, package, test time, test platform, yields, production ramp, and more
- eSilicon stands behind the online quotation, which includes NRE and production unit pricing
- Instantly available, detailed binding quotation
- Avoid costly errors
- The system is designed to allow only the choices that are supported by the supply chain — quotes cannot be generated with options that cannot be manufactured
- High level of customization
- Customers accelerate budgeting and development decisions by days or weeks, conducting real-time trade-off analysis and exploring new possible options
- Not feasible without automated online technology
Additional Options and Services
Please contact us at
if you have any questions or want to discuss additional options and services, such as testing,standard IC packages not listed here, custom die packages, seal rings or additional foundry or technology choices.