OFC 2019: eSilicon to demonstrate two 7nm IP products, 56G DSP SerDes over a 5-meter Samtec cable assembly and a complete HBM2 PHY subsystem
For release on February 27, 2019, San Jose, Calif.
eSilicon, a leading provider of FinFET-class ASICs, market-specific IP platforms and advanced 2.5D packaging solutions, will demonstrate two 7nm FinFET-class IP products at OFC 2019.
SerDes Demonstrations: eSilicon Booth 5416
March 5-7, 2019
Using Samtec ExaMAX Backplane Connector paddle cards and a five-meter ExaMAX Backplane Cable Assembly, eSilicon will demonstrate the performance, flexibility and extremely low power consumption of its 7nm, 56G PAM4 and NRZ DSP-based long-reach SerDes.
The demonstration will drive eight high-speed SerDes lanes in three configurations:
- PAM4 modulation with point-to-point links
- NRZ modulation with point-to-point links
- PAM4 modulation with double-length (10 meter) loop-back links with repeater
All channels will be run at different speeds to showcase the flexibility of the SerDes device. Real-time data associated with all channels will also be displayed to demonstrate the robustness and low power of the device, including:
- Voltage histograms, pre- and post-DSP
- Signal-to-noise ratio
- Eye diagrams
- Error rate plots
HBM PHY Subsystem Demonstrations: eSilicon Booth 5416
March 5-7, 2019
2.4Gbps HBM2 PHY Subsystem for High-Performance Computing, Networking & AI
This demonstration shows a complete high-bandwidth memory Gen2 (HBM2) solutionin 7nm operating at 2.4Gbps.
- The subsystem includes:
- eSilicon’s latest 7nm HBM2 PHY
- Northwest Logic memory controller
- HBM DRAM stack from a leading memory supplier
- The test chip uses leading-edge interposer technology to interconnect the integrated PHY and controller with the 3D DRAM stack
- The firmware, combined with a user-friendly graphical interface (GUI), allows test and validation of the HBM subsystem
- Among other tests and monitoring tools available, this board demonstrates the link margin of the complete subsystem with the internal eye monitor and schmoo
March 5-7, 2019
San Diego Convention Center
San Diego, Calif., USA
OFC is the largest global conference and exhibition for optical communications and networking professionals. The program is comprehensive — from research to marketplace, from components to systems and networks and from technical sessions to the exhibition.
eSilicon provides complex FinFET ASICs, market-specific IP platforms and advanced 2.5D packaging solutions. Our ASIC-proven, differentiating IP includes highly configurable 7nm 56G/112G SerDes plus networking-optimized 16/14/7nm FinFET IP platforms featuring HBM2 PHY, TCAM, specialized memory compilers and I/O libraries. Our neuASIC™ platform provides AI-specific IP and a modular design methodology to create adaptable, highly efficient AI ASICs. eSilicon serves the high-bandwidth networking, high-performance computing, artificial intelligence (AI) and 5G infrastructure markets. www.esilicon.com
Collaborate. Differentiate. Win.™
eSilicon is a registered trademark, and the eSilicon logo, neuASIC and “Collaborate. Differentiate. Win.”are trademarks, of eSilicon Corporation. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Public Relations for eSilicon